Thursday, May 3, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

I never have more than two projects going at once -- one more complicated and one more mindless (usually a pair of socks).  I keep the mindless project in my bedroom so I can work on it while I'm winding down to go to sleep, and the other I keep in the TV room to work on when I'm awake and with it.  I'm working on a fair isle hat right now which is a KAL with my Tuesday night knitting group (TV Room Project) and a pair of Zauberball socks (Bedroom Project).  I always try to have another two projects in the queue (in my mind anyway) for when the current projects are done.  By the time I'm ready to start, I've thought about them enough to decide what my plan of attack is -- type of yarn, needles, new techniques I need to research and learn, etc.  Right now, I have 4 or 5 projects I am equally excited about, and I really don't know where to start.

One of the projects I'm considering is lace curtains for the TV room.  I have dark plum sheer (linen) curtains up now.  I love the color, and they are great for winter, but I was thinking the other day it would be nice to have something light and lacey for the summer.  That thought led to knitting them myself.  Then I started counting the windows and estimating the knitting-- there are five very large slider windows.  We're talking two probably 60 inch panels for each window -- that's 10 panels or 600 inches in width and about 48 inches in length for each!!  That's 28,800 square inches of knitting!!! After doing the math, I quickly called my mother hoping she would talk me "off the ledge".  She didn't!!  She thought it was a great idea.  Someone please talk some sense into me....I bought 10 balls of Knit Picks Palette in a Cream --- HELP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment