Monday, April 2, 2012

I Think I'm Hooked

I love the look of lace knitting. I've tried to do it in the past, but got frustrated with making mistakes and having to rip back yarn overs. The last fitted project I did was a bit of a bust so I decided to try lace again -- so far I like it. I've devised a few little tricks to keep me on point. Life lines really help too. I finished this scarf which I used Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted in the Make Believe colorway. The colors are great.

I'm now working on another scarf project - free pattern from Ravelry. I found the checkerboard design unique, and I have a sock yarn which I thought would look good. I would tell you the mfg, name and colorway of the yar, but it was in my stash already wound into a pull ball from a hank and Lord know where the label is. I must be getting old because I do not even remember winding it down. Anyway, I hope there is enough for this scarf otherwise I'm going to be in a world of trouble LOL.

I've been using lots of stash yarn lately which makes me happy because in January of 2010, after I cleaned up and organized the mess that was my knitting room (now my guest room), I vowed I would "cheeze" it on buying new yarn until I used up some of my stash. I have to say considering how much yarn I was buying back then, I'm proud of myself for the last 15 months. I have bought some yarn, but not for the stash. For the most part, I have only bought yarn that I knitted into a project right away. Even my sock yarn is down to the bottom of the bag -- the bag being the size under the largest Zip Lock you can buy - LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment