Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ah Spring...

Even though we lose an hour of precious sleep, I love when we turn the clocks ahead. It feels like I gain a half a day because the sun is still shining when I get home from work. This is particularly useful with my puppy Rocco. Since he is in a crate all day when I'm at work, he needs to run around and go crazy when I get home. Tough to do that in the dark outside, but now -- I let him rip! He really loves it too. I just hope when the cover is removed from the pool, his curiousity doesn't get the best of him. I'm already prepared for a few rescues. He's very nosey. I'm hoping to be able to get him to swim, but we'll see. My Shih-Tzu Oliver hates being outside. He never liked it though I tried to have him outside. He would last about 5 minutes then he was at the door ready to go in. Not Rocky, I think he is going to love being outside with me, and I can't wait. Nothing better than knitting while relaxing outside with some great tunes and a nice drink.

Now for the knitting -- since starting that rainbow-colored wrap, which btw I must have dropped a stitch on because after I washed it, there is a big "ladder" in the middle of it. I don't really know how to fix it so I was thinking I would bring it to Knit Night and see if the ladies had any ideas. Anyway, I've been enthralled with knitting lace. I am currently working on a scarf from a new book I bought, "Wendy Knits Lace" which I really like. I'm using Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted in the Make Believe colorway. I really like this yarn. First, there's a lot of it. The hand is smooth and, I think, a good choice for lace items. The colors are variations of purple (my favorite), a fern green and turquoise. I was not sure I would like the turquoise, but I really do. I'll post a picture in my next blog post after it has been blocked.

I have been a little obsessed with socks lately too -- who am I kidding, I'm always obsessed with socks. They are the perfect warm weather knit. There's something about the small needles and small stitches too -- I can't articulate it but it just makes me feel happy. I'm working on this pair right now. It is Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Crazy sock yarn in the Red, Orange, Green, Blue colorway. I am half way through the second sock, and it looks to me like there is plenty for a second pair. This is good because my hair dresser saw me knitting them and charmed her way into getting them when they are finished. This happens to me a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment