Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hexi-unpuff Triplets



When I first started knitting sweaters, my Mom (the Master Knitter) taught me about knitting the sleeves at the same time. I resisted this idea for two reasons, first my Mom suggested it (you know how that goes), and second I thought wrestling with two balls of yarn would be a pain in the neck. Then came top up, two at a time socks. I couldn't believe the difference this made in how fast I can get two socks done plus avoiding the ever popular second sock-itis. Now I do almost everything two at a time where appropriate, and I love it.

Hopefully this will make things move along a little faster. I may get really crazy and try quads, seps or sextuplets.

My friend Carol is about to become a grandmother again, so somewhere in between all this hexipuff-ing, I have to fit in a little baby girl sweater. I have a "go to" Debbie Bliss pattern that I knit for all babies, but I may get a little funky with the colors this time for baby girl to be Gianna. Love that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment