Friday, January 27, 2012

Ugh


So, Gianna's little cardigan was coming along swimmingly until the second left over half skein of yarn I thought I had turned out to be a different yarn entirely -- thicking and darker pink. Do I buy another skein of yarn that I think it is which will probably be a different dye lot OR cast on another sweater in the other yarn which I now know I have enough of to finish? Decisions, decisions... As you can see, all I have left to do are the little sleeves and the finish knitting and sewing.
Incidentally, one of the things I really love about this pattern is how big the arm holes are -- very easy for a mom to get their little ones arms into.

As I usually do, I'm already thinking about my next project. I've been spending way too much time on Pinterest and have a few ideas. Surprisingly enough, they are crochet projects. There was a time when all I did was crochet, but that was about 10 years ago now. Once I started knitting more, I never looked back. I found these two projects which would be perfect for my two little nieces http://make-handmade.com/2011/10/02/african-flower-paperweight-granny-free-crochet-patterns/and nephew http://allthingsbrightandbeautifulcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/crochet-lego-blanket-tutorial.html. The more I think about how cute they are, the more I am embracing the idea of crochet again. I have to admit, it does move a little faster, and I like doing piecemeal projects where you can knit (or crochet) on the go without having to take the whole thing with you. Also much better for warmer weather work.

No comments:

Post a Comment